As long as we are pretending… let’s suppose the time continuum split at the precise moment you decided your career path(s) and the alter you elected real estate as a career path and everything has happened exactly as it has really occurred in your life… and today is the big moment when the Yahoo “financially enhance” you is considering hiring their REALTOR. Would You hire You to represent You?
In short, the question is…would you hire yourself to do the job of representing the purchase or sale of real estate? As you contemplate your answer don’t get too self-righteous.Think about the following questions:
· Are you prepared to supply the services required by the real estate consumers of the future? And how are (or will) your services be shaped by generational attitudes and preferences?
· Is your current transaction processes model attractive for the real estate consumer of today? Or are you still holding on to tired outdated marketing models and transaction platforms.
· Do you have the market knowledge, job related skills, and tech savvy-ness to properly service today’s buyers and sellers?
· Are you doing just enough to get by… (What most agents offer)… or do you provide exemplary service by going the extra mile with each one of your clients?
· Are you taking the time to build relationships… or just rushing from transaction to transaction…commission check to commission check? When is the last time you called a past client to see how they are…how the family is doing… and if they still love the house you sold them?
Many real estate professionals think folks will choose to work with them and refer their friends and family to them… just because… a complacency which could prove to be their downfall. To survive in the real estate industry of tomorrow we will have to examine and re-examine our business models consistently to insure they are current with the needs of the consumer.
ü Know the market
ü Stay current with technology
ü Develop prospecting systems to attract the clients you want to work with
ü Think and work relational based…not transactional based
ü If your skill set needs sharpening…take the time to hone the talents today’s consumers are demanding
ü Design your business model around doing the little extras most other agents can’t or won’t provide…Always do what you say you are going to do, and then some!
For more info on how Production Coaching can alter your career go to www.ICU-Coaching.com
Eddie Brown ©2013