2. Focus on one target market at a timeDon’t spread yourself thin trying to be in too many places at the same time…try to dominate one market at a time and then move to establish new markets once you have achieved success.
3. Start thinking of your real estate business as a business and not just a job.It’s this Business-like mindset that will free you up to make real money.
4. Quit cold prospecting marketing methods and focus on getting prospects to call you.Use a “stacking effect” of marketing to stay front of mind with your Book of Business providing Items of Value to solidify your position as a professional in the community.
5. Stop settling for advertising that only “pays for itself” and only do activities which MULTIPLY themselves. When you focus on implementing low cost lead generation strategies focused on a single target market, it’s not uncommon to get returns of 30 or 50 to 1 on every dollar you spend on them.
6. Resolve to focus on growing relationship’s and building personal wealth… not being famous.What good is becoming an icon if it doesn’t help you increase your net worth? Billboards and wraps of your smiling face on the sides of trucks are very expensive and seldom have a good ROI.
7. Be Creative with your existing relationships. Think of new things you can do next year with your existing relationships to let them know you care. Show them you care and they will care about you in return!
8. Resolve to become more effective and efficient in everything you do. Stop doing things which don’t make money…Do more of those which do….
9. Get your current clients to lead you to your NEXT clients…The Reticular Activator….While your current clients are looking for a home, or selling their home… they’re hyper aware of all the people around them who are going through, or considering the same thing, and if you Know how to skillfully orchestrate ways for your clients to recognize this and you have the language skills to capitalize on it, they’ll refer other people to you.
10. Focus on the lifetime value of your clientsOne of the big mistakes most people make is to focus on building a transactional business where they focus on doing the NOW transactions, and don’t pay any attention to the EQUITY they have an opportunity to build…which is repeat and referral business.
Your Book of Business is your most valuable, virtually competition proof asset that you can nurture for a never ending return. Don’t just focus on building a transactional business…focus on building a long term sustainable business built on loyal relationships.
Eddie Brown ©2014