With most good recipes you take a lot of little things… add them together… mix with care and you transform the little things into a really good larger thing. Deviate from the original recipe and you may come up with a completely different result…sometimes just as good or even better…or maybe with the wrong mixtures… something disastrous!
“It’s usually the little details which are most vital to your success… an orchestrated sequence of effective little things help the big successes to materialize”.
We see many different “recipes” for success in real estate…many different gurus with their plan for your success. Honestly there is not that much difference in the programs…In fact…the successful “recipes” all have the identical 3 main ingredients:
#1. A SYSTEM,
#2. A PLATFORM TO DELIVER SAID SYSTEM, and
#3. ACCOUNTABILITY TO WORK THE SYSTEM.
The problem we see time and time again is associates go into their new business building phase guns blazing for the first 2-3 months… then they start to lose accountability just as they start to get results. They actually stop doing the activities they learned…the very activities which made them “busy” in the first place.
How is ICU-Coaching different? We add in a 4th ingredient…It isn’t a secret ingredient, but it is almost magical!
SELF-ACCOUNTABILITY: Merriam Webster defines accountability as “the quality or state of being accountable; especially: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions”
Mahatma Gandhi once said ...“It is wrong and immoral to seek to escape the consequences of one's own acts.”
In business Gandhi’s words ring true…you cannot escape the consequences of failing to do the little things… (the orchestrated sequence of events which lead to larger success).
ICU-Coaching teaches you to become self-accountable for your daily activities…You take on an “If it is to be….It is up to me” attitude. You will no longer place blame on the market or high interest rates or government policies…you lay the blame at your own feet and you march straight over your failures by becoming accountable for your actions and accepting the consequences…good or bad.
Here are a few “Little Things” you can do to become self-accountable:
· Formulate a written business plan
· Set written goals
· Time block your day to include your success activities
· Have a written “to do” list and stick to it
· Pre-plan your prospecting activities and know who you will be contacting prior to starting…don’t waste time trying to decide “who”
· Make every activity efficient… driving to a closing? What else can you do on the way there and on the way back? Going to an inspection? Take a few note cards and your “to do” list and make the time doubly productive!
· Track your activities and your successes…know where each piece of your business is coming from
· Keep a detailed accounting of each transaction…know time and money spent and know your true “net income” for every transaction
· Stay positive and at the end of your workday mentally go through your day to hold yourself accountable for your actions…what did you get accomplished and most importantly what needs to be at the top of tomorrows “to do” list!
Becoming self-accountable is not going to be easy for some…but with determination, a little hard work, and self-confidence mixed together you will have the perfect recipe to take your business to a higher level.