Are you a PRO or an Amateur?
In the world of business, the difference between being a PRO and an amateur can mean the difference between having a “job” which just pays the bills… and building a career, a business, a lifestyle, and true wealth.
I can divide my life neatly into two parts: before turning PRO…and after. After is better... Steven Pressfield
The Real Differences between Professional and Amateur REALTORS:
- A PRO already knows what their day will look like when they wake up…an amateur flies by the seat of their pants every day.
- A PRO Builds and nurtures trust based relationships…while an amateur works from one transaction to the next, never knowing when… or where… the next transaction will come from.
- A PRO is always building his or her “brand” while an amateur remains a commodity, constantly combatting the competition.
- A PRO will tell their clients what they believe in… not spouting false promises or what they feel the clients “want” to hear.
- A PRO delivers on their promises…not just “on time”…. but faster than expected!
- A PRO listens more than they speak, then learns and cares about their clients’ needs.
- A PRO uses technology “as needed” and keeps the human touch in the transaction.
- A PRO finds reasons to make personal contact…while an amateur avoids it and hides behind emails, texts, and farming letters.
- A PRO realizes personal Attention leads to Appreciation!
- A PRO understands you can’t manage time….you can only manage yourself.
- A PRO’s day is more and more about less and less… preventing overload and burnout.
- A PRO appreciates the Law of the Harvest and plants new seeds every day… To a PRO the term “lucky farmer” is an oxymoron!
- A PRO knows you have to be consistent, persistent, and relevant to your market.
- A PRO gets in the path…and stays in the path of their business… has a written business plan and holds themselves accountable to the activities required to reach their goals.
- A PRO takes care of the people… and knows when they do… the money will take care of itself.
- Finally… A PRO exudes confidence in their abilities, they never sell themselves short, they say no to overpriced listings, and underpriced commissions. They provide value to every transaction through education and market knowledge. Their clients leave the transaction feeling good about their buying/selling decisions and know they were well represented… and when asked… will freely refer friends and family, confident they will receive the same level of service.
So what is your current status? PRO or Amateur?
To learn more about earning your PRO Status... Call 919-785-4201 and ask about our Intense Coaching Unit where we will assist you in transforming your business and your life!
Excerpts taken from 10 Truths for Making Music in a Noisy World…. Ashton Gustafson
Eddie Brown 2015www.ICU-Coaching.com