Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Overheard" The Best of 2012


Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday season.

Over the course of the year I hear many people say many things so a few years ago I decided to start writing down the best (or worst) of what I "Overhear"


      1.       I thought I wanted a career…turns out I just wanted paychecks!
      2.       We never really grew up….we only learned how to act in public.
3.       Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit….wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
4.       I didn’t say it was your fault…I said I was blaming you.
5.       Light travels faster than sound…which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
6.       Do not argue with an idiot…they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with their inexperience.
7.       The evening news is where they greet you with “Good Evening” and then proceed to tell  you why it isn’t.
8.       The last thing I want to do is hurt you….but remember…it is still on my list!
9.       I used to be indecisive…now I’m not really sure what I am….
10.   Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
11.   Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
12.   You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
13.   Hospitality is making your guests feel at home… even when you wish they were.
14.   “I have wondered what the Ten Commandments would look like today if Moses had been required to run them through Congress” – Ronald Regan
15.   “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth your effort!” – Zig Ziglar
16.   “Your habits will predict your future” – William A. Ward
17.   “If you don’t believe every day is a great day….try missing one!” Cavett Roberts
18.   “This time, like all times can be a good time…if we know but what to do with it.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
19.   “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex…it takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” Albert Einstein
20.   “Faith is taking the first step up…even when you can’t see the entire staircase before you.” Martin Luther King
My personal favorite for 2012 and at the top of my vision board for 2013 is from the late Zig Ziglar who we lost in 2012…  “Regardless of your lot in life….You can build something beautiful on it!”
Happy New Year
Eddie Brown
www.ICU-Coaching.com

 

No comments: